Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Portrait of my Uncle Ronnie


This piece is around 24"x36"- it's close to life-size. It was completed last summer, but I haven't gotten the chance to take a picture of it until now. It's currently hanging in the terminal at the Winter Haven Airport about 20 minutes from my house.

I did this for a local aviation-themed competition, but it turned out to be a great exercise for my portrait skills- capturing a likeness, incorporating a photo into an environment, etc. This was only photo-reference.

Any critique would be awesome, thanks guys!


Captain Ron, 2012, 24"x36", oil on canvas.



3 comments:

  1. I really love how you apply paint, and your colors. You make it seem so effortless and fun, looking at your art makes me want to paint immediately. I have no critics, just praise.

    /Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. That portrait, that ear..great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-X_-L74v_ZaA/UYU2ImpTWqI/AAAAAAAAB4s/9A2NyIuPLc8/s1600/ThingOneThingTwo.jpg

    ReplyDelete